Every year, Shady Grove Fertility physicians, staff and patients come together to support the Cade Foundation’s annual fundraising effort, Race for the Family. The 2014 5K Run and Fun Walk, presented by Shady Grove Fertility, is on September 13, 2014 at Seneca Creek State Park in Gaithersburg, MD.
Annually, via the Race for The Family, the Cade Foundation is able to raise awareness and funds to support the local community. Proceeds from the Race help the Foundation serve the needs of families battling infertility through education, outreach, and grants that help couples pay for infertility treatment or domestic adoption. The money you help raise might just be able to help you or someone you love on their journey to parenthood too!
Participants can register to walk or run to help support the cause. But if you are interested in winning the $10K raffle to be used towards fertility treatment at SGF, you can also buy a raffle ticket or receive an additional entry to the raffle for every $40 you raise. Thus, if you register to walk and then raise $400, you will have 11 times the chance of winning than if you just registered!
Join this fundraising initiative to help a fantastic cause. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
2. Engage Your Social Network. Posting, pinning, tweeting, Instagramming, and blogging are constant parts of your life. Why not use your social power for good? Create a fundraising web page and email it to your friends and family. Better yet – link to it from all of your social media accounts. Create a hashtag. Maybe even Vine about it. Getting donations has never been easier, thanks to the power of online fundraising.
3. Embrace the Local Community. Online fundraising is great, but don’t forget good old-fashioned FUNraising. Go door-to-door. Have a bake sale. Host a yard sale. Are you crafty? Sell your wares and donate the proceeds (you could even use Etsy!)
4. Attract Corporate Sponsorship. Do you have a relationship with a local store owner? Perhaps a doctor’s office? Or maybe ask your own employer about matching donations. You can work with the local business to host a fundraising event, or simply leave a donation jar or put up flyers. The greater your reach, the more success you’ll have!
5. Harness Group Power. Individual fundraising is important, but having an entire team fundraising together can be even better. Work with a group of friends or coworkers to pool your resources and create fundraising opportunities. Throw a “Jeans Day” where employees contribute to the cause and in return, get to wear jeans. Have an office potluck where everyone gets to eat if they donate. The possibilities are endless when you have a group to aid in the cause.
6. Share Your Passion. No matter what path you take to fundraise, remember that enthusiasm is infectious. If you believe in your cause, other people will too.
With only three weeks left until the Race for the Family, now is a perfect time to sign up for the race and begin your fundraising effort. For more information, visit www.mdraceforthefamily.com. Donate today!
If you would like to learn more about the fertility program at Shady Grove Fertility or are ready to schedule an appointment, please speak with one of our New Patient Liaisons at 877-971-7755.